Situated only 10 mins from Gloucester's schools, shops and services and nestled below the impressive Mt Mograni, Tugwood Estate with 253 acres (102.7ha) and sweeping views to Barrington Tops offers an idyllic rural lifestyle enhanced by enormous potential to be sold under replacement value, reluctant sale. As you drive up the 1 km road from the entrance to the property the vista opens onto a private parklike valley.
The main house completed in 2014 is a stately Georgian two storey mansion with numerous period features including ornate cornices, ceiling roses, sash windows and moulded skirting and architraves. Downstairs there is a formal lounge room, formal dining room, well-designed laundry/mud room with built-in storage and a huge open plan living area that includes a beautifully appointed modern kitchen (with butler's pantry, gas cook top, double electric oven, commercial dishwasher and granite bench tops) and adjoining family area with an open fireplace. The living room opens onto a 3m wide verandah that runs the length of the house and enjoys a northerly aspect and views to the mountains. A beautiful timber and iron staircase leads from the foyer to the second floor. Upstairs comprises 3 bedrooms, an office and library. The two guest bedrooms both have their own ensuites and generous built in wardrobes. The master bedroom is huge with a walk in wardrobe that leads to a large bathroom with a freestanding bath, separate shower, and toilet. Additional features include 250,000lt rainwater tank plus 80,000lt dam water tank, enviro-cycle waste management, an abundance of built-in storage, ducted air-conditioning throughout, ceiling fans, double insulation (batts + Aircell), Sonobatts in the interior walls, Viridian glass windows, 3m high ceilings, R4 insulation in roof, extractor fans and instant gas hot water.
Next to the main home is a free standing, two storey, bagged brick colonial style cottage that was built in 2000. At one end of the cottage there is an open plan kitchen/meals/living area with polished timber floors that opens through French doors onto a paved north facing patio with fantastic views to the mountains. At the other end there's a spacious bedroom with walk in robe, toilet and large period bathroom with a free standing claw foot bath and separate shower. Upstairs is a huge loft with a queen size bed at one end and two single beds at the other end. This well-presented cottage offers excellent opportunities for rental, B&B, family or guest accommodation.
Some of the many improvements to the property include:
- Double garage with storeroom on the side (fully insulated)
- Tractor shed made of large round timber posts with an insulated storage room at the back that has power, phone and concrete floor
- Gravity fed 250,000 litre capacity for fresh water storage
- 22,000 sump tank with auto float valve to pump water to fresh water storage
- Gravity fed 80,000 litres of dam water storage for the vineyard and gardens
- Electric pump on dam to feed dam water storage
- Computer controlled irrigation system for vineyard
- Extensive network of water pipes and taps to all areas of gardens and camping area
- Two 22,000 litre tanks behind winery including 10,000 litres of reserved water with Storz Fitting for Fire Trucks
- One km internal road with cattle grids
- Mains electricity with large 25 KVA transformer
- Bio Cycle waste management system which irrigates orchard
- Many established trees including an orchard
- Timber stockyards at the front of the property
- A camping area below house
- Three acres of vines comprising 30 rows (20 rows of Chambourcin and 10 rows of Chardonnay)
The cottage has been approved by council for tourist accommodation. The property also runs a small herd of Murray Grey cattle.
The tourism, hospitality and accommodation potential of this property are enormous. There is scope to host large functions and weddings, provide a unique venue for outdoor concerts and entertainment, and further develop Tugwood Estate's accommodation capability.
The proximity to town, and its stunningly beautiful location would make this a very desirable destination for visitors to stay.